General Fire Awareness
Containing live fire extinguisher demonstration (1.5 hours)
It makes sense for all of your staff to know what to do in a fire and how to use the various kinds of fire extinguishers effectively to stop a small fire getting out of control. This short course will make sure your wider team is aware of the main fire safety principles.
This course will make sure your staff are aware of how fires can start and what to do if one does. It covers the evacuation procedure for your premises in line with your fire safety policy, as well as the various fire extinguishers and their uses.
Course Content Includes
- Explanation of how fire starts, develops and travels
- The immediate effects of smoke and fire
- Emergency response and evacuation procedures for your business
- The fire safety features at your site
- Full explanation of extinguisher types, their uses and limitations
- Optional half hour live fire extinguisher demonstration
This course is held at your premises and can accommodate up to 30 people.
The total cost for the full 1.5 hour course including live fire extinguisher demonstration is £395+VAT. If you don’t require the extinguisher practical session you can book just the one hour theory element for £295+VAT.
Bob Swanton is registered as a Fire Risk Assessor (Life Safety Stream) with the Institution of Fire Engineers.
Our Fire Marshall/Fire Warden courses are Recognised Training Courses of the Institute of Fire Engineers.